Saturday, June 1, 2013

Wooohooo! Summer Movies!


Went to the movies last night to see the Smith duo in action for their movie After Earth. At first I had my doubts because it was directed by M. Night Shyamalan who is the most horrible director ever a very questionable director. He came out with some good movies, such as The Sixth Sense (which I didn't see, no horror remember), Unbreakable, Signs. But I can not forgive him for what he did to Avatar, The Last Airbender. I still shudder at the thought.

My boyfriend and I watched the movie anyway, and I won't give anything away but it was an OK movie. I wouldn't advise anyone to pay for it unless you really want to support the Smiths. They are phenomenal actors. (sidenote: I realized Will Smith can honestly play Obama if there ever is a movie about him...he would be perfect) The best parts of the movie involve the Sci-fi aspects. I love that Will Smith plays in a lot of Sci-fi movies. He was great in I-Robot and The Legend. The movie takes place in a post-Earth world, hence the name "after earth". No one lives on earth anymore because humans ruined it. They end up at the post-earth because their plane crash lands there...and the story begins. There is a lot of new technology that is introduced, nothing crazy, but I always like to see what our future will look like according to the movies. I mean, didn't we get Bluetooth and tablets from movie depictions???

As everyone knows, the Smith family is all about, well, family and this movie is surely just that. It's more of a movie to watch with your kids (pre-teen/teenage) rather than a pure action film. It does drag and people in the movie theater kept getting up to walk out. A lot of people actually left before it ended (I hate that, why pay the money if you're not going to finish? Whack!). I'm not going to lie, I did tear up at a couple parts because I'm a softie. I also enjoyed Zoe Kravitz. I only seen her in one other movie, X-Men First Class. In this movie she was enjoyable. I wish she played more of a role, but the movie was primarily focused on the Smith relationship which was still cool. The movie is not a typical M. Night Shyamalan movie and you can tell the Smiths had everything to do with that. The credits showed that Will and Jada produced the crap out of the movie and I'm pretty sure M. Night had no real say...but in the end he gets paid and that's all that really matters lol. The movie is gonna do well just because people love Will and Jaden.

The best part about the movies is the previews.

Apparently there are a lot of interesting movies coming out this summer, especially, because they're based on books. Two movies I absolutely can not wait for...

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones & Ender's Game

 

OMG!  Can't wait for these movies, especially City of Bones. I've read all of the Mortal Instruments books (5 in all). I'm curious to see how they will do things on screen....there is a lot of crazy ish that happens in the books...demons, vampires, werewolves, fairies, epic battles...it has it all. It's a fantasy fanatic's (like myself) dream. ::happy dance::

I haven't read Ender's Game but I was going to at some point. So before the movie comes out I will have to find time to read. (Audible.com... Best. App. Ever.) The trailer was cool and makes the book look interesting...when I'm finally done with the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones), I'll make sure this is my next read. Oh, and even thought this movie comes out in November, I had to add it cuz I'm such an adaptation groupie (^.^)

More movies I'm looking forward to...



I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting more...if I remember I'll add it. 

And I'm done. 

Peace, 

~Neen

P.S. Fast & Furious 6 was the SHIZZ-NIT!!! What!! What!! ::another happy dance::

No comments:

Post a Comment