Monday, October 28, 2013

Arrow is my Hero!


Originally I had given up on the show Arrow which comes on The CW because the cornyness was just soooo overbearing!! I felt like the plot wasn't going anywhere and dude was just overall annoying. I tried though. I watched 7 episodes religiously before just stopping altogether.

Luckily my boyfriend is the type to never truly give up on a show. He continued to watch every Wednesday night and kept watching when the new season premiered just a couple weeks ago. I watched one episode with him last week, got super confused, and decided to catch up on my own because the episode was sooo good. Now I'm addicted!!! Why did I stop watching???

With Marvel making big bucks on their characters, DC Comics is finally following suit. Not only is there going to be a Batman/Superman movie soon, but DC Comics has decided to use Arrow to create a live DC Universe. Which is what I like most about the show. You never know who is going to turn up next!

So, because I had to catch up I had to watch season one and the amount of DC Comics' characters blew my mind!!! I'm not an avid comic book reader and I truly wish I was. These characters are great and have so much definition to them. From Huntress to Black Canary, Speedy (of course he would be in it), and Slade/Deathstroke, its orgasmic. If Flash shows up, I think I will die.

I never saw Smallville and from what I've been told, this show had a similar premise of incorporating characters from the DC Universe. Thank God for Netflix! I will be catching up as soon as grad school gives me a break!

Have any of you guys watched this show? And are there any other DC shows you're watching? Let me know...I'm on a DC Comics kick right now and I can't get enough!

~Neen




No comments:

Post a Comment