Tuesday, August 12, 2014

DO NOT SEE TMNT 2014! You've Been Warned!

Bryce, I'm sorry to say that TMNT was incredibly whack! You were completely spot on from the terrible plot, the horrible acting of Megan Fox, and the twisted re-vamped look of all the main characters. Fifteen minutes into the movie and I was checking my watch to see how much time was left. IT WAS SOOO WHACK! It took everything in me (and the fact that I spent $7) not to get up and leave! It definitely should have went straight to TV. Nickelodeon should have done a TV special instead of shoving it off to theaters. Unfortunately, they did make $96 million over the weekend and decided to come out with a sequel. Ha! How you like those Michael Bay apples?!?

I was highly disappointed, but from what I hear, kids seemed to like it. Of course they don't know any better, but hey, it's for the kids right? Unlike you, I thought the voice actors of the Turtles were horrible and that the humor was lacking. I really wish the plot focused more on the Turtles and their personalities versus April. No one cares about her! I feel like the story was directed to an audience who already knew them, which in my opinion was a mistake. The movie should have been called, "April and her Ninja Turtle Friends", especially because they were revealed to be her "pets". How infuriating!!

I'm sad that I never got to see the 90's versions. I may have to do an illegal movie night to see them. I heard they are a little corny but legendary compared to the garbage I saw this past weekend! Everyone, please go see Guardians of the Galaxy instead...i'm just saying.

This brings me back, man, to Saturday Morning cartoons! The good ol' days!

No comments:

Post a Comment