Saturday, August 2, 2014

Ninja Turtles?? Really?? Can we talk about this?

Jeneen!! Can we please talk about Ninja Turtles because I am feeling some type of way. When I first heard of another ninja turtles movie I was excited. The idea that they were going to make them live action (which I will address in a min) made me even more excited. And then I seen the trailer... and this was my reaction.

SIGH....... there are a lot of things I want to say, but let me show you the best trailer I seen thus far before I do.

This trailer was the best I seen and still there is nothing that makes me want to spend money to watch this movie. Red Box maybe, HBO definitely, movies no. I have a couple of issues with the whole concept. First of all when I seen Michael Bay was making the movie I was like okay cool, not a bad choice I am a fan of him to a certain extent. But then I seen her.... The beautiful woman who messes up every movie she's in becuz she can't act to save her life... Meagan Fox.  Then I thought about it... Oh yeah Michael Bay smh. So I'm pissed she's April. Why!!??? Out of all the actresses known and unknown Megan Fox is April. Really? Sigh... But still it can still be a cool movie thought its live action its been a min since anyone has mad a live action Ninja Turtle Movie. I think the last one was in like 1993 or something like that. Since that time every movie has been animated. Some good, Some bad but animated non the less. So the concept of it being live action is a plus in my book. But then I heard the plot ... Sigh..... for those that do not know the ninja turtle story (I speak to the youth and ninja turtle aware people)  Story time!!!!!!

The ninja turtles were not created because the city need a hero, as stated in the movie, which sounded a lot like Batman. The were a accident made by a evil alien race called the Krang. They spilled a mutation goo that mutated a man into a rat and 4 turtles that... The rat man (Master Splinter) raised the mutant turtles as ninjas because that's what he was and his discipline. Once the turtles were teenagers they wanted to go out and help people as real ninjas do at night. But master splinter wanted them to stay low key because they were suppose to be hiding from splinters enemy the shredder (i will address this in a moment). this is where the concept of Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles comes from. 

Okay, back to my rant. Now Shredder seems to be a robot.. this pisses me off. He is not a robot that has all these knifes, he is a ninja. And a beastly one at that. If shredder had all that armor on, how could he move or be as quick as he is in the animated series, tv series, old movies, comics,  and animated movies? HMMMMMMM????? smh sigh...

The last thing that I wanna discuss is the turtles. They looked dope and ugly at the same time. First off their shells seem to big. Like they all look hunch backed. Their personalities and voices are great. I am a fan of a good voice actor. So everything about them is really cool they just look ehhhh... I can really get with the program, I can look past the idea of a ugly mutated ninja turtle. But the plot is whats really hurting me rite now and the fact Meagan Fox is in the movie pisses me off... But I do wanna give big ups to Whoopi Goldberg still finding work. Yes, Whoopi Goldberg is in the movie. 
I don't know her role but she's in there. Haven't seen her since Sister Act hahah or Ghost. (I don't follow her work hahaha) Jeneen I am disappointed... I hope I am wrong and the movie is really good because I am a ninja turtle fan but I am going to need you to tell me if I should see it or not cuz I'm sure you will before I do. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree they do look odd, but Whoopi making a film appearance is always interesting... btw check out Gotham its about DC villians (how they got their start and such) and its coming on FOX this fall, just saw a pre view for it for the first time and it seems intriguing.

    ReplyDelete