Saturday, August 2, 2014

Hunger Games Series

I finally started reading the Hunger Games Series and I must say I am impressed... Yes, I know... I'm very late but give me some credit. I was finishing my Master (which I have completed.... round of applause ::bows::) and job searching. So there has been a lot on my mind. But, to take me away from my everyday struggle was the horrific struggle of Katniss Everdeen. This girls life sux haha. But it is a really good book series.

Sadly, I watched the movies before reading the books so I kind of knew what to expect. If you haven't read or watched I won't spoil anything however book two was LIVE!!!!! FINNICK ODAIR IS MY DUDE!!!! And I truly believe that Finnick Odair is really Aquaman. Boom!! I said it and I'm sure I'm not the only one who believes this.

 I can really see him playing a young Aquaman if they ever made a movie or a tv series. (hint hint DC)  I know, I know its cliche but how he is described in the book, and how he is depicted in the movies both scream I AM AQUAMAN lol.


Look how can you not see it. Even in the face ... yup he's Aquaman. ....Anyways
What I am enjoying most about the series and the movies is the difference in perspectives. The book series really takes the reader deeper into the perspective of a teenage Katniss Everdeen. This becomes annoying. Basically you have a front row seat into the mind of Katniss as the world continues to change around her. How the trauma of the games is and has continued to affecting her, and lastly her personal thoughts and feeling about the different characters. which was so interesting. It was annoying as hell. Reading every little feeling a teenage girl has about boys is such a good read. It kept me glued to the pages.  The movies bring a real world perspective. The movies are not so much in Katniss's head but more showing whats happening around her and how she reacts to different circumstances. For example a riot may break out and in the movie they will show the riot and how the district is under attack. Where in the book Katniss will not learn about whats happening around her until the her personal issue is settled or has calmed. Both do a great job bringing the idea and the series of the Hunger Games to life.

Anyways, overall I am digging the book series its really dope. I have just started the last book and am trying to finish it before the 3rd movies comes out. The trailer has been released so if you haven't seen it check it out ... It really didn't get me to excited but .. each movie was really good so I'm not worried.



No comments:

Post a Comment